Thursday, October 2, 2008

I Need Rest!

It has been almost a month since I updated this blog. The last time I updated it, Korea was beginning Chuseok, their thanksgiving holiday, and I had 5 days off of school. It was good because I got caught up on sleep and felt refreshed for the rest of that week. I have mentioned several times to people who know me the importance of Sabbath rest. I realize even more now how important it is. I made a promise to myself and to God to set aside time for Sabbath rest once a week. I will be honest...It would be surprising to me if I have done this once a month.

Living in a different country and trying to adapt to the culture takes a toll on a person. It doesn't help that I have complicated matters by taking 3 seminary classes and teaching English in the elementary schools which I have never done before.I am also a very social person that wants to experience all of the beautiful sights that can be seen in Korea.

I also know that I came to Korea to share Christ's love with people and be involved in building the Kingdom of God. Sometimes it is all a little overwhelming, but when I take the time to allow God to restore, renew, and refresh my Spirit, I am a more effective disciple of Christ. Tomorrow is Korean Foundation Day, so there is no school. I have the opportunity to go on a few day trips, but I have decided I need to spend this time resting and spending time alone with God. I will be in Korea atleast 11 more months, so there is no reason that I have to do everything that can be done in my first few months here!

No comments: